About The Little Red Hen
An early learning classic for ages 3 -7 and parents too.
“Who will help me plant these grains of wheat?”
“Not I” said the Pig.
“Not I” said the Rat.
“Not I” said the Cow.
“Fair enough,” said the Little Red Hen, “I’ll do it myself!”
Making bread is hard work, but it would be a lot easier if the lazy farmyard animals got off their reclining sofas and lent a hand!
This ingenious adaptation of the nursery school favourite features a host of animal puppets, sing-along songs and madcap comic routines. It’s a real treat for the whole family with no scary bits whatsoever!
- Director: Niki McCretton
- Designer: Tomasin Cuthbert
- Lighting Design: Phil Mead
- Production Manager: Adam Hooper
- Additional Music: Sarah Moody
- Sound Design: Gwendolyn Scott
- Performers: Maria Gray & Gareth Price-Baghurst
- Original cast: Frances Merriman & Adam Fuller
Originally created with the support of Salisbury Playhouse, restaged in 2010 with the support of Halton Borough Council, The Brewhouse Theatre and Arts Centre, and support from Arts Council England through Grants for the Arts.